Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Choosing the Right Camera


Choosing the right camera is very difficult process.  I would compare it be as equally as hard as buying a new car.  You want to know what features it has.  You want to know how long it’s going to last.  And of course, you want to get it for the right price.  Today I will briefly go over what type of cameras I’d recommend for beginners, amateurs, and professionals.

For beginners I would recommend a normal digital camera, even though they don’t have all the cool features of a DSLR camera.  You can still develop an “eye” for taking photographs.  There are a lot of digital cameras out there that you can choose from that are quite reasonable.  Amazon.com would be a great place to start looking for good deals.  As far as camera brands, personally I like Nixon.  Canon is probably my second favorite brand, only because I own a Nixon.  These brands are my favorite.  A lot of local photographers I’ve talked to in the past have recommended those brands to me because they're very reliable.  I’ve also read a lot of different camera reviews in recent years.  I would highly recommend doing your own research though.  Reading reviews of different cameras is extremely beneficial and strongly encouraged.  There are a lot of good review websites out there. Digitalcamerareview.com and Cameralabs.com are two great examples.  Remember don’t base your decision off one site.  The more reviews site your go to, the better you will be on making an educated decision.

For amateurs I would recommend buying a low scaled DSLR camera.  These types of camera will come with most features so you can begin to learn all the different modes and features they have to offer. Buying a used or refurnished DSLR cameras is the best way to go. 

For the professionals I would recommend getting a high scaled DSLR camera.  If you buy a professional camera I’m assuming you want to make money for your services.  Depending on what type of photography you’re doing is going to determine what type of camera you need.  Keeping everything I said in mind, here is a link from videojug.com that goes into more detail about purchasing a good DSLR camera.

We talked about digital cameras for beginners.  It’s important to develop that “eye” for photography.  Buying a low scaled DSLR camera for amateurs would be best.  Old or refurnished cameras will save you a few bucks and you will still reap the benefits of having what you need to continue learning.  And a high scaled DSLR cameras for the professionals.  Purchase what’s best for you and your future business.

3 comments:

  1. I like the stylistic changes you’ve made to your blog! They add a nice mood and give it individuality. I’m not sure if I’m just naïve, but I don’t know what a DSLR camera is. You refer to it numerous times throughout this post, but never really explain what it is. Try adding a short, simple description for clarification for your readers.

    Also, you suggest that people should go do their own research on different types of cameras to find the best fit for them. However, the reason people are reading your blog is because they’re expecting that you did the research for them and are going to share your findings. I’d suggest either sharing what you’ve found or directing your readers to more than one review site.

    Finally, try to incorporate your links into your text more smoothly. Try to avoid saying “here is a link from ___” and instead blend the link into words that are in a natural sentence so it reads more easily for your readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the sources you provide. If I were to enhance them, I would put in links to Nixon and Canon cameras. Also, pictures of a DSLR camera so I know what it looks like because I am a visual person.
    You had pictures in this blog, but how about some videos explaining the cameras you were talking about. Or, again, a picture of a Nixon or Canon camera.
    Your opening sentence was tough to read because you forgot some words. It seems that your writing does not flow that well, but I believe the comment before me explains why and I don't need to reiterate his idea.
    You know what you are talking about and I can tell the knowledge of this topic is there. You just need try and explain things a little bit better.
    For a next topic, describe the DSLR and what it brings to the table. Going from this blog to that would be a nice segway.

    ReplyDelete